Job Title: Production Manager
Salary: €40,000 - €45,000
Benefits: To be discussed at interview
Job Type: Permanent
Location: County Clare, Ireland
Job Start date: ASAP
Shift Pattern: Days – 8:00 AM – 16:30 PM, Monday to Friday
We’re currently supporting our client, an advanced precision engineering company, based in County Clare. Due to the acquisition of new contracts, plans are underway to expand the company and team for the near future. For this reason, they are looking for a Production Manager to oversee all aspects of the production process in their machine shop. The successful Production Manager will have at least five years of manufacturing management experience and will ideally have sub-contract engineering experience in aerospace or automotive – although this is not essential.
You will need to have strong people-management skills and have good time management.
Focus on achieving company objectives related to safety, quality, cost, delivery and productivity. Promote company principles and programs such as OEE, 5S, kaizen, quality circles, lean manufacturing, etc. Manage and continuously improve policies, procedures, programs and operational activities. Motivate, train and direct employees.
Position Overview: As the Production Manager, your role will include the management of all aspects of the production process within the CNC machine shop; overseeing a team of CNC Programmers/Machinists, Production Planners, and other members of staff.
Responsibilities for Production Manager:
* Create a positive winning culture of hitting delivery and quality expectations.
* Working to grow capacity when required on all aspects of post processing.
* Create and manage load capacity to manage spike requirements.
* Analysing all part drawings and determine how they need to run.
* Leading the manufacturing Team to achieve key business KPIs in line with company strategy.
* Lead the team towards a high performing production facility whilst also managing the challenging demand of fast turnaround short lead-time work.
* Use structured problem-solving techniques to determine root cause and apply appropriate countermeasures
* Initiate Kaizens and maintain the program throughout the department.
* Overall efficiency and effectiveness of team and all equipment.
* Improve process flow and productivity
* Establish and maintain effective training that includes documented procedures, visual work instructions and individual employee schedules
* H&S responsibility for all areas.
* Responsible for financial budget and sales figures.
* Commercial activities linking to the sales team.
* Ensure technical support is available for production.
* All post-build processing and finishing activities.
* Build internal and customer relationships as main point of contact.
* Carry out team appraisals including people development and skills matrix correlation to business need.
* Conduct production capacity studies for manpower and equipment needs
* Manage holidays to ensure adequate capacity to meet operational and customer expectation.
* Ensure quality levels are being maintained and corrective actions are analysed, and corrective actions/improvements are being completed.
* 5+ years of manufacturing management experience.
* 5+ years of supervisory or personnel management experience.
* Aerospace, Automotive or Medical experience is a plus.
If you would like to be considered for the role of Production Manager, please apply with your full CV - or call us now. Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
Willcox Matthews Recruitment Ltd acts an employment business for permanent and contract roles. By completing the application process, you agree to the terms outlined in our Privacy Notice and that Willcox Matthews Ltd may contact you in connection with your application in relation to Willcox Matthews providing you with work-finding services. Our Privacy Notice can be viewed under the privacy tab on our website.
We take your application seriously and we make every effort to respond to all applicants.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in Ireland